Case Study: Fast Insights from Validated Convenience Store Shoppers
- MFour geofenced all 7-Eleven® store locations across the U.S.
- Users of the Surveys on the Go® app who naturally shopped at any 7-Eleven® were located as they exited the store.
- Each GeoValidated® consumer using Surveys on the Go® received an immediate push notification of an after-visit survey opportunity.
- Conduct a public test of MFourDIY® to show its ability to obtain fast, Point-of-Emotion® data from 7-Eleven shoppers nationwide.
- Demonstrate the platform’s ability to accomplish quick-turnaround research on an extremely tight deadline.
- Enable consumer insights professionals to monitor results as they came in by providing public access to the study’s internal Project Tracker.
- Field a 14-question consumer journey study to reach the announced goal of 200 completed responses to an after-visit survey from validated 7-Eleven shoppers in no more than five hours.
- The goal of 200 completes was reached in less than 2 1⁄2 hours, half the time allotted.
- Average completion time was three minutes.
- Respondents represented key demographics for U.S. smartphone users, including Hispanics (18% of respondents), African Americans (9%), and Asians (7%).
- Millennial and Gen X consumers accounted for 93% of responses, reflecting MFour’s particular strength in connecting clients with these hard-to-reach groups.
- On a scale of one (very unsatisfied) to ten (very satisfied), 78.6% rated the visit an 8 or higher.
- 38% selected 10.
- 86% said they were “very likely” to shop again at a 7-Eleven (8 or more on scale of 10)
- The leading purchases were non-alcoholic beverages (60%), food (37%) and gasoline (33%).
- Respondents’ main reasons for shopping: buy non- alcoholic beverage (29%), gasoline (27%), food (15%)
- 11% said they couldn’t find an item they had intended to buy.