Case Study: A Revolution in Targeting – Reaching 500 Validated Consumers Without Screening Questions
- Engage validated, first-party mobile consumers using the Surveys On The Go® research app.
- Identify and target respondents using location-tracking data from Path-2-Purchase™ Platform.
- Obtain survey data in a managed-services research project.
A major, nationwide quick-serve restaurant chain (QSR)
- Understand the effectiveness of an ongoing discount menu promotion.
- Obtain insights into general QSR breakfast preferences.
- Set targeting parameters:
- Region: Five South Texas cities.
- Frequency: at least two visits to client’s QSRs during breakfast hours in past 30 days.
- Set survey parameters:
- 100 completes over two weeks in each city.
- Field during breakfast hours.
- Survey design and execution:
- No need to program recall-dependent, stated answer screening questions to identify and qualify client’s frequent breakfast customers.
- Field only to location-validated consumers already qualified by observed visits.
- Avoid negative respondent experience by making survey concise and screener-free.
- Obtain qualitative insights into QSR breakfast preferences by capturing in-their-own words “video selfie” responses re how QSRs “can make your morning better.
- 65% completion rate; 11:39 mean LOI.
- Nearly 80% had ordered from the special discount menu.
- Open-ended responses gave “why” insights into buyers’ purchase motivations.
- Non-buyers of discount menu items were identified and asked “why.”
- Study also obtained open-ended responses about brand perceptions and breakfast preferences.