Entertainment Consumer Research Solutions
Today’s entertainment consumers are more likely to have a phone in hand than a TV remote. Mobile research is the most organic way for research to stay in sync with a public that’s watching, listening and researching entertainment options on their phones.
MFour’s carefully profiled, first-party panel of 2.5 million mobile consumers provides the demographic coverage you need to get fast, accurate, representative audience feedback about program content, trailers and promos, in-theater experiences and more.
“They know what consumers are doing,
and they are able to reach them anywhere.”
– Warner Bros
Wanna be an entertainment consumer research superstar?
It all comes down to whether you can answer that famous question from “Jesus Christ, Superstar” — “What’s the buzz? Tell me what’s happening.” Whether it’s GPS-enabled in-theater research on moviegoers, mobile consumption experiences, or home viewing, MFour’s Behavior Driven solutions get you the answers and insights you’ll need to play a starring role in the decision-making process.
Solutions for Entertainment
Speed is of the essence in entertainment research, and it’s built into MFour’s solutions.
- Overnight testing of trailers and TV spots.
- Immediate feedback on TV shows from validated viewers.
- Real-time GPS theater exit-surveys.
Entertainment Research Options
MPAA-Certified Security Standards
Job one in entertainment content testing and ad testing is keeping your intellectual property safe, the Motion Picture Association of America has declared mobile content testing “safer than traditional online testing.”
- MFour’s mobile research app, Surveys On The Go®, controls the environment in which respondents experience test audio and video.
- Content is locked so it can’t be downloaded, copied, shared or saved to the device.
- Mobile device IDs certify who has received test content.
Overnight Testing of Trailers and TV Spots
We test the whole campaign — teasers, theatrical, TV spots.
- Which trailers and TV spots will perform the best? And with which audiences?
- Test ad effectiveness on the actual target audience. Segment by demographic profiles and known genre preferences.
- Get representative data from Millennial and Gen Z audiences.
Series Health and Maintenance
You know your ratings. Now get the “why” that explains the numbers.
- Track the audience’s week-to-week engagement.
- Talk to organic viewers, just after they’ve watched.
- Get quick-turnaround data fast enough to report results the next day.
Home Entertainment Shoppers (Physical and Digital)
Learn what validated category consumers want from video games, Blu-Rays, DVDs, CDs and Vinyl LPs.
- Observe natural category shoppers’ visits to Walmart, Target, Best Buy and others.
- Accompany shoppers as they evaluate in-store selection, displays, promotions, product placement and pricing.
- Then use GPS exit surveys for real-time feedback about their shopping experiences and validated purchases.
Real-time Theater Exit-Surveys (GPS)
Field exit interviews across all theaters nationwide. Survey your target audiences just as they leave, fully validated and without the drawbacks of in-person intercepts.
- Learn what they experienced in your theater today, not last week.
- Cover it all — picture and sound quality, concessions, restrooms, staff performance.
- 25% response rate within one hour, 50% within 24 hours.
Test Creative Content for Film and TV
Reach pre-profiled consumers who match a production’s target audience. Get fast feedback from actual viewers to guide creative decisions.
- Test different film and series titles to find the one that clicks.
- Aid casting decisions by sharing actors’ names and clips to gauge audience approval.
- Test new characters, plot developments and cast members who are being considered for an established show.
Social Media Ad Testing
Social is crucial for reaching entertainment audiences, but will your ad break through the social noise? To find out, inject campaign creative into target audiences’ personal feeds on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Test social ads “in the wild,” not in a simulated feed.
- First observe shares, likes, clicks, time in view.
- Then survey for aided and unaided awareness, recall and intent.