You spend your work days trying to understand consumers — and that’s why you’re trying to connect with them through their smartphones. But when it comes to buying mobile solutions, you gotta proceed with caution. That’s why you must ask these 5 questions of any mobile vendor you’re considering.
- Are you selling mobile-optimized research? So what makes it so “optimal?” You’ll hear that you should be buying “optimized” technology that lets online surveys look good on smartphones. But smartphone users spend more than 3 hours a day using apps, and just 20 minutes going online. Translation? In-app surveys make all the difference.
- I’ve heard of mobile research apps. Is that the same as mobile-optimized? In a word, no. In two words, hell no. When asking this question, make sure you get a detailed answer that lays out the differences between research apps and mobile optimization in terms you can understand.
- So what’s the name of your survey app? This is better than asking, “do you have a survey app?” The only acceptable answers are the precise name of the app the company sells, or “we don’t have an app.” If the latter, you have to recognize that there’s a gaping hole in the vendor’s product line.
- Who’s on your research panel – and do they match the demographic points I need? If there’s no hard data to verify the answer, you’ve got a problem. Anything less than a specific answer about how the panel is recruited, its size, and its demographic breakdown should be a deal-breaker.
- How engaged is your mobile panel? Can I expect fast and valid completes? The answer will be upbeat, of course. But how can you verify it? You can’t – unless the panel you’re considering is built around a mobile survey app. In that case, the panelists themselves will tell you. Just visit the App Store and Google Play, where they’ve downloaded their survey app (Not to brag, but MFour’s Surveys on the Go® app is the highest-rated and most downloaded survey app in the world).
So what now? The surest way to get clear, reliable answers to these 5 questions is to contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org . We’ll give you the shopping experience you deserve, and soon enough you’ll have all the true-mobile, in-app research solutions you need to understand consumers more clearly.