Out of Home advertising is everywhere, and that poses a big conundrum for advertisers. You can’t be everywhere, so how do you get reliable insights into who’s being exposed to your signs and the impact your OOH campaigns are having? Advanced mobile research technology has an elegantly simple solution. It begins with the fact that, among many other capabilities, smartphones are consumer locators.
Step 1: Question whether guesswork is good enough.
- In the traditional approach, click-counts, road- or foot-traffic counts and speed and sightline and angle readings feed algorithms that estimate your OOH audience.
- Start to understand that there’s a new solution for the Smartphone Era: Real-Time Mobile OOH Measurement.
Step 2: Decide on the mobile option, then study some easy geography.
- Compile latitude and longitude of every sign in your campaign.
- Given latitude and longitude, you can GeoFence anything that’s standing still – including OOH signage from giant mural billboards to bus shelters and shopping mall kiosks.
Step 3: Field your real-time OOH audience survey.
- Access an all-mobile panel whose members have agreed to take location-based surveys using a survey app they’ve downloaded to their phones.
- Panelists’ phones tell you when they have entered the radius of one of your GeoFenced signs (usually 50 meters in all directions).
- These are naturally-captured audiences, not recruit-and-sends.
- When a panelist enters a sign’s GeoFenced radius, it automatically triggers a push notification that a survey is available.
Step 4: Evaluate your data for ad measurement insights.
- Check awareness of the sign, awareness of the brand, awareness of the advertised product or service, and intent to shop.
- Get campaign momentum insights by surveying different sets of exposed consumers at regular intervals.
- See whether late-stage respondents who may have had multiple exposures show more awareness and interest than respondents surveyed early in the campaign.
- For lift measurement, establish a control group of demographically similar, non-exposed consumers.
- Compare control group and exposed consumers’ responses to get lift metrics – including brand and product awareness and intent to shop or purchase.
- No more guestimates about OOH’s impact, thanks to real data from real consumers in real time, for reliably real insights.
Interested? Take the first step to mobile OOH measurement by contacting us at email@example.com. We’ll be more than happy to set up a live, one-on-one demo to take you through all the details.