Case Study: Holiday Weekend Car Shopping Trends
Cars.com needed better insights into car shoppers over Memorial Day Weekend.
(source: Cars.com release)
Talk to validated shoppers just after they’ve left a dealership or auto parts/repair chain, eliminating recall bias.
Get insights into any aspect of the car-shopping experience.
Satisfaction with sales staff, managers, financing discussions, snacks/amenities.
Talk to intenders, buyers and non-buyers.
Understand what motivates brand loyalty.
Experiences/satisfaction with dealership service department.
- Engage during Memorial Day Weekend.
Using MFour GeoValidation® technology, survey car shoppers using Surveys On The Go® while they were visiting a car dealership during Memorial Day Weekend.
- Discover who was car shopping vs who was in for service.
- Was their visit motivated by a special offer?
- Did they contact the dealer prior to their visit?
- Did they make a purchase?
- If not, when did they plan on purchasing?
600 Car Shoppers surveyed while on car dealer lots across America during Memorial Day Weekend.
71% went to the dealer to buy a vehicle, 26% for vehicle service.
- 41% of all visits were made without contacting the dealer ahead of time.
6 out of 10 shoppers prefer “special offers” on their mobile device.
30% of shoppers purchased a vehicle over Memorial Day Weekend.
- 7 out of 10 shoppers intend on purchasing a vehicle within 3 months time.