Scores of academic studies have shown that emotional responses to products and shopping experiences are integral to consumers’ purchasing decisions. What’s needed for effective Competitive Intelligence research is a practical way to get close to rivals’ shoppers, so you can watch and listen at what we call the Point-of-Emotion®. Here’s how you’ll connect naturally and unobtrusively with validated, first-party mobile consumers, to understand the emotional “why” that underlies behaviors.
Engage Consumers at the Point-of-Emotion®
Mobile technology is redefining what it means to engage consumers in real-time, person-to-person survey research, and expanding what you can accomplish.
- Advanced GPS-enabled location technology tracks validated, first-party consumers to a competitor’s store.
- Initiate a survey invitation within minutes of shoppers starting their visit, or with push notifications as they exit.
- Capture “video selfies” to get real-time audio/visual competitive intelligence.
- Photos of receipts or items validate purchases of competitors’ products.
- Follow up with a user-satisfaction survey, to understand consumers’ feelings and opinions at the point of consumption.
Track Consumer Behavior
With the right technology you can tag along with and observe opted-in consumers wherever they go across America.
- Path-2-Purchase™ Platform lets you visualize where consumers are right now, where they went yesterday or last month, and where they went before or after a visit to one of your competitors’ locations.
- Append historical location journeys and profiling data on the consumers you’re studying, to gain contextual consumer understanding.
- Tap into historical data to create sophisticated matrices that capture consumer journeys and characteristics in nuanced detail.
- Path-2-Purchase™ Platform Case Study: Tracking Shopping Destination Changes of Customers Displaced By Store Closings
Target Consumers by their Apps and Devices for 100% Efficiency and Speed
- A competitor’s app on a consumer’s phone tells you you’ve found a prime source of intelligence on brand, category and experiences.
- Target non-buyers and brand resisters by reaching out to consumers who only use a competitor’s app.
- Get brand insights by manufacturer (Samsung vs. Apple), operating system (iOS vs. Android) and mobile carrier.
- Probe for competitive insights by matching first-party consumers’ telecomm preferences with their other characteristics, including demographic and ethnographic.
- Validation by app, operating system or mobile carrier eliminates the need for screening questions that call for stated answers.
- Target consumers by app use, then track their GeoValidated® visits to retail locations to study behaviors and preferences in both the digital and the brick and mortar retail realms.
Append a Dossier on Your Competitors’ Customer Journeys
Acquire data sets showing opted-in mobile consumers’ 24/7 movements over time, as they journey from place to place, including to your competitors’ locations.
- Who: validated, first-party, nationally representative consumers who use the top-rated, high-engagement research app, Surveys On The Go®.
- Where: 12.5 million geofenced U.S. locations, including all of the top 1,000 retailers.
- When: location observation is always on, giving you frequency, duration and time of day of all consumer visits to your competitors’ locations.
- What: append location data to survey data to contextualize what consumers have just told you. Get a record of their movements before and after they took your survey.