MFour’s most important resource is our validated first-party consumer panel of 2.5 million real people who are moving, shopping and making decisions every second, all across the United States.
All are users of Surveys On The Go®, the industry-leading app for mobile research. Work with our team to connect with them in a custom research project, or do it yourself, building, testing, fielding and analyzing your own survey on our self-service hub, MFourDIY.
Either approach puts you on the expressway to quality data and validated insights in hours or days, instead of weeks and months.
Native Mobile Surveys
MFour’s native mobile surveys are fielded via Surveys on the Go® (iOS and Android), the groundbreaking research app whose users consistently give it average ratings of 4.5 stars at the Apple and Google Play app stores.
- Smartphone engagement is the most basic common denominator of consumer behavior. Today’s consumers won’t engage with or even tolerate mobile experiences that are not intuitive, seamless and rewarding.
- Expect 25% of consumers to respond to in-app survey invitations within one hour and 50% within 24 hours.
- Our mobile-app surveys are “native”: instantly embedded in consumers’ phones. That means participants can take surveys offline, without an internet connection.
- “Mobile web” or “mobile optimized” alternatives are mere stand-ins that awkwardly try to shoehorn last-generation online surveys onto a smaller screen.
GPS Intercept Surveys
Native mobile GPS tells you where consumers were and where they are now, all tracked historically across more than 12.5 million consumer-relevant U.S. locations.
- Track historical behavior and interview natural shoppers in-store, or wait until after they have left.
- Photo responses capture aisles, shelves, displays and receipts, validating what respondents saw or purchased.
- Understand shopping experiences in real time, at the Point-of-Emotion® where purchase decisions are made.
- Real-time intercepts eliminate recall bias.
- Expect 25% response rates within an hour, 50% in 24 hours.
- “Video selfie” feedback provides vivid, in-their-own-words qualitative responses.
Recruit & Send Studies
When location studies require a specific experience, recruiting and sending consumers can be more effective than waiting for natural intercepts.
- Conduct retail “shop-alongs,” directing consumers to specific products or aisles.
- Get in-depth evaluations of the entire shopping experience – products, service, atmosphere.
- Direct respondents to purchase and test a product.
- Create multi-phase studies, covering both the immediate in-store experience and a subsequent product evaluation.
- The norm for product evaluations is an 85% response rate, up to two weeks after the store visit.
Mobile diary studies offer researchers long-term consumer engagement opportunities.
- First-party consumers are recruited and validated by locations they visit, apps they use, or by demographic and behavioral profiles.
- Ensure timely participation through push notifications when diary entries are due.
- Get insights into diarists’ Path-2-Purchase journeys and beyond, from ad-exposure to shopping, buying, consumption and satisfaction.
- Segment by loyalty, frequency or non-purchasers to gain valued opinions on motivation, behavior and experiences.
- Validate responses with unique device IDs, GPS location tracking and receipt photo capture.
Point-Of-Emotion® MaxDiff measures a range of Point-Of-Emotion® purchase drivers by asking survey respondents to rank different choices from most-important to least-important. Uses include ranking brand preferences, approval of images, and product features, receptiveness to advertising messages and more. MaxDiff for mobile is easier to use and applicable to a wider variety of research situations than conjoint analysis.
- Mobile is the perfect interface and platform for MaxDiff analysis.
- Excellent MaxDiff design for mobile: display of questions is clear and attractive.
- Respondents proceed through the survey with full attention, providing quality data.
- Lower drop-off rates, even for longer surveys.
Why wait? Get started now with MFourDIY®.
Target, build, test, deploy and analyze your survey in minutes.