Out-Of-Home (OOH) Solutions
Stop Inferring, Start Knowing
Until now, researchers trying to measure OOH advertising effectiveness have had to settle for inferences drawn from unreliable third-party data. Intelligent-OOH™ provides real feedback from actual first-party consumers whose OOH exposure GeoValidated® through advanced GPS location technology.
“MFour gives us a clearer view of the true
impact of our Out of Home campaigns and shows
our clients real world value and ROI.”
– Ian Dallimore, Director of Digital Innovation and
Sales Strategy, Lamar Advertising
Why Use i-OOH™?
Only MFour combines advanced location technology with a diverse, first-party mobile consumer panel – 2.5 million U.S. consumers whose feedback fully represents your OOH campaign’s targeted audience.
- Measure lift among Millennials, Gen Z, Hispanics and African-Americans.
- Measure all forms of OOH — billboards, gas pump screens, transit signs and more.
- Choose among four fast, cost-effective product options, from basic to complex.
How it Works
Choose among four product options.
i-OOH™ Pre vs. In-Flight — control survey takes place before the campaign but in the same areas.
i-OOH™ In-Flight Exposed vs. Unexposed — control survey takes place during the campaign and in the same areas.
i-OOH™ Pre + In-Flight Unexposed vs. In-Flight Exposed — two control surveys in the same areas as the campaign.
i-OOH™ Matched vs. In-Flight Market — a more complex study with controls in lookalike and campaign markets.
i-OOH™ Pre vs In-Flight
Same Areas, Different Times
Choose iOOH™ Pre vs. In-Flight for fast, basic metrics.
- The locations are the same for the control group and the test group.
- The control survey takes place before the campaign begins.
- Fast, cost-effective metrics for lift in brand awareness, recall and intent to buy.
- Expect 25% response rate within one hour of notification — 50% within 24 hours.
i-OOH™ In Flight Exposed vs. Unexposed
Same-Time Control and Test Group
i-OOH™ In-Flight measures the control group simultaneously with the test group, in the same radius as the OOH campaign.
- Test group qualifiers respond rapidly to survey invitations immediately after natural exposure.
- Control group qualifiers aren’t surveyed immediately — first they’re sorted to match the test group’s demographics.
- Control group travels naturally in the campaign’s actual environment without being exposed.
- Demographic consistency between control and exposed groups.
i-OOH™ Pre + In-Flight Unexposed vs In-Flight Exposed
Double-Controls, More Comprehensive Measurement
Use two control groups to establish separate baselines for more complex metrics.
- Establish same-place unexposed baseline metrics before the campaign begins.
- Add a second same-place baseline while the campaign is in-flight by surveying consumers who travel in the campaign environment without being geolocated in viewing range of a sign.
- Combines two reliable measurement methods to understand lift in brand awareness, perceptions and intent to buy.
- Maintains demographic consistency between in-flight control and exposed groups.
i-OOH™ Matched vs In-Flight Market
Double Control Groups in Exposed and Unexposed Markets
A comprehensive test for well-known brands with multiple media outreach efforts.
- Choose a control market that’s similar but geographically removed from the campaign market.
- Two control groups are recruited in the lookalike market — one each for pre-flight and in-flight testing.
- The campaign market also has two control groups, one for a pre-flight baseline and one that travels near campaign signs during in-flight but is not exposed.
- Gain insights into a campaign’s potential in similar markets.
- Reliable lift metrics bring confidence to decision-making on further rollouts and ad spend.
Upgrade to i-OOH™ Plus
Are your goals extra-ambitious? Our full-service, in-house market research team provides consulting, research and analysis customized to your needs.
i-OOH™ Plus customers receive these add-on benefits:
- Up to 8 hours of QRE consultation.
- Crosstabulation with stat testing.
- Data analysis.
i-OOH™ Plus Pre vs In-Flight
i-OOH™ Plus In Flight — Exposed vs Unexposed
i-OOH™ Plus Pre + In-Flight Unexposed vs In-Flight Exposed
i-OOH™ Plus Matched vs In-Flight Market
85% Lift in Awareness! Who Knew?
Read how one customer finally got real metrics for a billboard campaign with MFour’s Intelligent-OOH™.